- What is XSL-FO?
- What is Apache FOP?
- What is the role of the J4L FO Designer?
- What features FOP are supported by the designer?
- What additional features are supported by the J4L FOP Printer?
- Do I have to use the FOP J4L Server as print server?
- What kind of support do you provide?
XSL-FO is a language for formatting XML data. In the case of Oracle APEX it is used for converting data to PDF files. Here you can find a good XSL-FO tutorial
Apache FOP is an engine that processes XSL-FO files. APEX sends the data to the print server in XML format and Apache FOP converts it to PDF.
The designer is a visual tool for creating XSL-FO files. You can use it without previous knowledge of XSL-FO. It has been developed for Apache FOP.
The most important features provided by the designer are:
- Define colors, fonts, lines and frames.
- Conversion of codes to descriptions.
- Dynamically or statically add images.
- "Group by" feature
- Support for TTF fonts and national character sets
- Support for several page masters (for example, cover page)
- background images
- running subtotals
The following features are available when using our print server or deploying our sever component inside your own web server:
- PDF interactive forms.
- Add 1D and 2D Barcodes (EAN, Code128, Code39, Datamatrix, PDF417, Aztec, QRCode , Maxicode and others).
- Support for Arabic texts
- User defined functions
- add digital signature to PDF files
No, you have the following options:
- Use APEX Listener
- Use our own standalone server
- Deploy our print server component in your current web server
- Use your current print server, as long as it uses Apache FOP
We provide free support and free updates during 6 months after purchase date. After that date you can get further support and updates for a reduced price.